04 April 2009

I Need More... Holiday Handouts [Easter Candy Tube ]

I wish I could take credit for this idea; it's so fabulous.  But alas, I cannot.  It came from a blog called Paper, Scissors, Superheroes and I instantly fell in love with it!   (Click on the link for a simple tutorial.)

Note: Invest in and use for all gluing in the project Terrifically Tacky Tape.  (This stuff is my favorite and holds like nothing else.)  Originally, I tried using my Xyron for the paper bands around the edges of the tube and they kept popping off.  So I switched back to the TTT.

I did design and print the Easter chick tags, print them on white cardstock, and cut them out with a scalloped punch.  That was my creative contribution to the idea aside from the manpower.  All credit goes to Paper, Scissors, Superheroes certainly.
Filling anything with candy is always the fun part.  Layer 1) a little paper shred, 2) sour gummy eggs, 3) a Peep, and 4) more gummy eggs.
I'm only sorry that the polka dot paper that I used to create the tube ends isn't more visible in the final product.  I might have swapped out the lime green bands for the polka dot paper.  But, I love this project so much that it's sure to make many more appearances as other holidays roll around.

1 comment:

Kirstin and Brett's Family said...

cute idea.. a little late for me though. How about you come up with a good Mother's Day idea for me?? If you ever have a craft day at your house.. I would definitely be there! I love to do projects!