05 June 2012

I Need More... Pinterest

Actually, I probably don't need more Pinterest.  I spend way too much time on that site as it stands.  But it's such a fabulous place to search for inspiration that it certainly deserves mentioning here.  






But I have a pet peeve when it comes to this wonder of the web... THAT PEOPLE DON'T SITE THEIR SOURCES.  Yes, I just yelled that.  And yes, sometimes, a photo will serve to remind me of the perfect, secluded Balinese bungalow perched in the ocean that I'd someday love to visit, but what about the clever crafts that need bit more explanation than just one photo or the to-die-for stilettos that I want to drop the cash on but haven't a clue who sells them (or what their brand is, for that matter).  Grrr...


So, I'd like to re-post section three from the official "Pin Etiquette" from the Pinterest website.  Please to enjoy...  (and then I'll shut up)


3. Credit Your Sources
Pins are the most useful when they have links back to the original source.  If you notice that a pin is not sourced correctly, leave a comment so the original pinner can update the source. Finding the original source is always preferable to a secondary source such as Image Search or a blog entry.





No comments: