07 April 2011

I Need More... Jewelry [The Charm of Young Women]



I have been involved in my church's Young Women program for the better part of my adult life and have loved every minute of it!  Last fall, I was released from my calling/job and found myself sorting through all of the YW goodies that I had collected up to this point.  It struck me that I had completed the Young Women Personal Progress program (designed to bring young women closer to Jesus Christ through personal study, learning experiences, and meaningful projects) almost FOUR times in my lifetime.  I can only hope that I learn a little something new each time.  :)  But, I found myself with quite a few medallions and charms - awards for progress - in my jewelry box.  What to do?  What to do?  I rarely wore any of the  medallions alone as necklaces, but would I wear them if they were brought together in charm bracelet form?  YES!  So, here is how I [stylishly] wear my Young Women tokens now.  What do you think?




P.S.  There is one more charm destined for my bracelet.  The Honor Bee.  (See the gaping hole?)  It is a darling little bumble bee that is awarded when you've completed the program and have worked another 40 hours above and beyond.  (I personally think that I've earned that by now, but my current ward leadership thinks otherwise.  Boo!  I guess I'll just have to wait until the next time I'm called to work with the young women!)

11 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the bracelet. I've had the same idea, but haven't gotten around to making it. Now I'll have to get it made.

Lisa said...

Love this, Teishi! I would wear my medallions like this :)

Teishi Kennedy said...

Thanks Rachel and Lisa! In addition to it being a fun way to wear my medallions, it has the most lovely 'tinkle' when the charms hit each other. :)

Anonymous said...

Darling idea! And as for your Honor Bee...check the YW personal progress book...you no longer have to be serving in YW to earn any of the medallions. Good luck.

Sarah P said...

Totally agree with anonymous above. You don't have to be working with the YW to get your Honor Bee. Plus how could you have possibly earned the YW's Medallion that many times but not have earned your Honor Bee. Me thinks your ward leaders are not up to speed.

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute idea! where did you get your bracelet that you put the charms on?

Jordan said...

I was googling YW medallions to try to figure out what they all mean because I don't remember anymore, and I found your blog. I have the same ones you have with the exception of the temple with the ruby. Do you know what they are all for? Love your bracelet!

Unknown said...

Hey so I love this idea but I can't seem to find out where to buy the honor bee or where to get it. I'm working on earning it but my young women's leader can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

Unknown said...

And if you can help me, you can reach me at lizardrobinson2000@gmail.com

Unknown said...

hi!! i was wondering ..... where did you get the others charms? i need to make that idea, it´s pretty awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Yo quiero esa pulsera con todos los dije la